Eligibility Requirements to Secure An Audition Time:
Professional actors and performers must meet at least one of the following eligibility requirements listed below to secure an audition time. Actors and performers also must be available to negotiate their work availability if offered a job or jobs by any of the FPTA 2018 participating companies:
A. Equity Actors (AEA)– current-dues paying members of Actors’ Equity Association
Note to Equity Actors: Equity actors will have to show their AEA membership card at the on-site FPTA check-in table. AEA dues must be up-to-date. If AEA actors do not have their Equity card, they will be charged a $60 audition fee prior to their auditions.
B. Non-Equity Actors who must meet at least one of the eligibility requirements listed below to qualify for an audition time at FPTA 2018. Note that all actors are eligible to participate in any of the professional FPTA workshops that are available from May 19 through May 21; however, to secure an audition time, at least one of these requirements must be met:
1. Equity-membership candidate;
2. Former member of AEA;
3. Membership in other professional acting union/s, e.g., SAG or AFTRA;
4. Have one or more degrees in theatre, music, or dance from a recognized college or university and want to pursue professional career in these industries;
5. At least three-years experience acting or performing professionally with recognized professional theatre or entertainment companies as reflected in your one-page résumé;
6. performed in at least 9 productions in either community theatre and/or school, college, university productions as reflected in your résumé and actively pursuing a career as a professional actor or in this industry;
7. participate in Saturday, May 19, All-Day Tailor-Made Workshops and One-on-One Coaching.
Florida Professional Theatres Association (FPTA) Post Office Box 2922 West Palm Beach, FL 33402-2922 info@FPTA.net